Thursday, August 4, 2011

Joe Mauer Quick Swing - Product Review

We received this feedback recently.

: SKLZ Automatic Mauer Quickswing (Sports)
I bought this for my eight year old to help eliminate the long slow swing he was using off the batting tee. Although I was skeptical at first, after watching the 'infomercial' for this product on YouTube I became more interested. The product I received is built better and sturdier than the one I saw on YouTube and includes the auto-feed feature as well.

Other reviews I had seen on the internet complained about shattering of the elbow that the ball drops from. This version appears to have addressed and resolved that problem as well as the elbow is made of a more pliable plastic than the rest of the tube. My only complaint is that the elbow is made of translucent plastic which makes it easier to see the ball before it drops. I created a cloth sleeve to cover the elbow to eliminate that issue.

Overall I am very satisfied with this Quickswing. I believe the Quickswing is a good alternative, and in many ways a much better product at a lower price, than the 'soft-toss' machines I was also considering. It is a bit more cumbersome to transport though.

See you in the big leagues!

No comments:

Post a Comment